Airtel is one of the largest and most popular mobile networks in India, providing a range of services including voice calls, messaging, and high-speed data. Like any network, Airtel users may experience issues with their calls, such as poor call quality, dropped calls, Incoming call issues, outgoing call issues, or difficulty in connecting calls.
In this article, I will discuss some common Airtel calling issues and provide troubleshooting steps to help you resolve them.
- How to fix Airtel Calling Issues
- Final Words
How to fix Airtel Calling Issues
If you are experiencing calling issues on your Airtel network, you can try the following troubleshooting solutions:
1. Check your signal strength
Poor signal strength is one of the most common reasons for Airtel calling issues. A Poor network signal can cause call drops, poor call quality, and difficulty in connecting calls.
To check your signal strength on Airtel, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Mobile Data.
- Open the Phone app on your phone.
- In Android dial *#*#4636#*#* & in iPhone dial *3001#12345#* and press the call button.
- This will open the Field Test Mode on your phone, which will show you information about your signal strength and other network parameters.
- If the signal strength value is below -105 dBm, it indicates a good signal, For clarification -120 to -130 dBm signal is an indication of bad strength.
If you are getting a high dBm signal strength then, Try moving to a different location or going outside to improve the signal strength.
If you continue to experience Airtel calling issues despite having a strong signal, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps.
2. Check your balance
Another common reason for Airtel calling issues is insufficient balance in your account. This also helps if you are unable to send SMS from Airtel. If you don’t have enough balance, you may not be able to make calls or send messages. To check your Airtel account balance, follow these steps:
- Open the Airtel Thanks app on your phone.
- Sign in to your account using your Airtel number and OTP.
- On the home screen of the app, you will see your current balance, as well as other details such as your data usage and validity.
If you don’t have enough balance or an active plan then, you can recharge your account using the Airtel Thanks app or other recharge options. You should be able to make calls and send messages without any issues, Once you have sufficient balance. This solution will solve problems like Receiving calls but unable to call.
3. Reset network settings
Resetting your network settings can resolve Airtel calling issues on your Android and iOS devices easily. This method also helps to solve Airtel No service issues easily. This procedure will reset your phone’s network settings to their default values and will help to fix any configuration issues that may be causing call problems.
To reset your network settings on Airtel, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select “Connection & Sharing” or “General management“
- Now select Select “Reset network settings” or “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth“
- Confirm to reset your network settings.
- Wait for the phone to restart & reconnect to your Airtel network.
After your phone restarts, check to see if the “Not able to call from Airtel sim but the internet is working” issue has been resolved. If the problem persists, you may need to try another troubleshooting method.
4. Turn off VoLTE
If you’re experiencing call-related problems on your Airtel network, turning off VoLTE (Voice over LTE) may help resolve the issue. VoLTE is a technology that allows for Voice calls to be made over a 4G LTE network, which can improve call quality and connection speeds. However, it may not be fully compatible with all devices or network conditions, leading to issues like dropped calls or poor call quality.
Here are the steps to turn off VoLTE on your Airtel network:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Look for the “Mobile Network” or “Cellular Network” option and tap on it
- Look for “VoLTE” or “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” and toggle the switch to turn it off
- Restart your phone to ensure the changes take effect
Once you’ve turned off VoLTE, try making a call to see if the issue has been resolved. If the problem persists, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps.
5. Restart your phone
Restarting your phone is a simple yet effective way to resolve many Airtel sim call issues & Airtel SMS not receiving. Restarting your phone can help to refresh its settings and clear any temporary glitches that may be affecting the Airtel sim’s performance. To restart your phone, follow these steps:
Once your phone has restarted, check to see if the Airtel sim calling issue has been resolved. If the problem persists, try other methods.
6. Update your phone’s software
Ensure that your phone’s software is up to date. Go to your phone’s settings, select “Software update,” and then choose “Download and install.”
7. Airtel Customer care
You can contact Airtel customer support for assistance with call-related issues in several ways:
1. Call Airtel customer care
Dial 121 from your Airtel mobile number or 198 for complaints related to your Airtel services. Follow the instructions and Once you’re connected with a customer care representative, explain your issue and provide any necessary information & they will help you out.
2. Live Chat
You can also use the Airtel website or mobile app to chat with a customer care representative. Explain your issue to the representative and they will provide you with a solution.
3. Email Support
You can also email Airtel customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write a detailed email explaining your issue and include any necessary information or details they may need. A customer care representative will respond to your email as soon as possible.
4. Social Media
Airtel also provides customer support through social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. You can reach out to them through their official handles, explain your issue, and they will assist you accordingly.
Please remember when you provide as much information as possible, such as your Airtel mobile number, location, and the type of issue you’re experiencing. This will help the customer care representative assist you more effectively and solve your problem in less time.
Why does Airtel call cut automatically?
Possible reasons why Airtel calls may be cut automatically, the following:
Poor signal strength: If your Airtel network signal is weak or fluctuating, it can cause calls to drop or disconnect automatically.
Network congestion: If the Airtel network is experiencing high traffic or congestion, it can lead to dropped calls.
Call settings: If your call settings are not configured properly, such as enabling the “Call drop protection” feature, it can cause calls to drop automatically.
Device issues: If there are issues with your phone’s software or hardware, such as outdated software or a faulty microphone, it can cause calls to drop.
Why No Incoming calls on Airtel after porting?
You can try a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Make sure that your Airtel sim has sufficient balance and a proper valid plan to receive incoming calls.
2. Try restarting your phone and see if that resolves the issue.
3. Make sure that your call settings are configured properly and check if you have not enabled any call-blocking features.
4. If you had call forwarding set up on your old network, make sure that it has been disabled.
5. If the issue persists, contact Airtel customer support for further assistance.
Airtel 5g calling problem
If you are experiencing calling problems on Airtel’s 5G network, try checking your network coverage and ensuring that your device is up-to-date with the latest software updates also do check if you have proper 5G settings configured on your phone. You may also want to try resetting your network settings or contacting Airtel customer support for further assistance.
There are several solutions available to help resolve Airtel Calling Issues. Turning off VoLTE, resetting your network settings, or updating your phone’s software are all potential fixes that you can try on your own.
If these solutions do not work, contacting Airtel customer support is always an option. You can reach them through phone, email, live chat, or social media to get assistance with your call-related issues. By providing as much information as possible and working with customer support, you can help identify the root cause of the problem and find a solution that works for you.
Hopefully, this article will help you solve your problem, if have any questions or doubts then write in the comment box.