If you are an Instagram user, you may have received a notification informing you that your account requires feedback to continue posting.
This notice can be frustrating, especially when there is no clear way to solve it. However, there are ways to overcome this error and continue posting.
This article will give you seven ways to fix the ‘feedback required’ error on Instagram so that you can continue using the platform as usual without any further notifications.
- 1. Check Your Email
- 2. Check Your Connections
- 3. Check Your Security Settings
- 4. Check for your account status
- 5. Check Your App Settings
- 6. Clear Data Cache
- 7. Check Instagram Server Status
- 8. Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it after 24 hours
- 9. Contact Instagram Support
‘Feedback Required’ Error on Instagram
When you post a photo or video on Instagram, you have the option to ask your followers for feedback in the form of likes or comments.
When you turn this option on, some people might see a message that says This content is currently unavailable.
This error means that your post isn’t eligible for feedback. For example, if someone posts a video and turns on feedback, then only people with access to that video can provide feedback.
If no one has access to the video because it is not available on Instagram, then they will see this error when they try to give their thoughts.
Also Read: Can People Really See Who Views Their Instagram Profile?
How to Fix the ‘Feedback Required’ Error on Instagram
There are some steps you can take to fix it so you don’t have to worry about your images disappearing from Instagram altogether.
1. Check Your Email
In order to fix this error, you will have to enter your email address in the text field. To do so, tap on Enter your email. When you have done so, scroll down and tap Submit. You should then be taken back to your profile where this error will no longer be present.
2. Check Your Connections
If you are receiving this error, it is likely because you don’t have any internet connection or are experiencing some other issue with your wifi.
The first thing to do is check your connection by using another device, like your phone. If you are able to post something, then it is likely that the problem is not with your wifi or internet.
If you can’t connect at all, it may be time for a reboot of your modem and router.
3. Check Your Security Settings
The feedback required error usually pops up because you have enabled your account’s security settings incorrectly. Follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s Settings app, then open the Instagram menu and tap i.
- Scroll down until you see a toggle switch labelled Require Feedback. Slide this switch so it is turned off, then tap Done.
- Check your account again and see if the feedback required error message has gone away.
4. Check for your account status
If you are receiving this error message, it is likely because your account is set to private. To fix this issue, set your profile’s privacy settings to public and then attempt uploading a new photo or video again.
Also Read: Solution To Something Went Wrong Error Instagram Problem
5. Check Your App Settings
If you are having trouble uploading new posts and keep getting an error message saying Feedback is required, you may need to check your app settings.
- Go into your phone’s Settings and find the Instagram app.
- Then scroll down to Instagram Business Profile.
- Underneath that, there should be a section labelled Comment Settings.
- Make sure it says either Enable Comments or Require Comments.
If it says nothing, this is likely the issue.
6. Clear Data Cache
Fixing feedback required error is as easy as clearing your data cache. Here is how you can do that on your Android device:
- Open up your phone settings and find Privacy.
- Next, scroll down until you find Clear Cache and tap it.
This will delete any temporary files that are clogging up your phone’s memory and causing problems with social media apps like Instagram.
7. Check Instagram Server Status
Sometimes the error code for feedback required is usually a result of instagram server not responding. You can check server status by using websites like Downdetector and IstheServiceDown.
8. Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it after 24 hours
If you are still receiving an error message that says feedback is required after logging out of your account, uninstall and reinstall the app.
Make sure to leave it uninstalled for at least 24 hours before installing it again.
This error is temporary and it will be eventually fixed after some time.
9. Contact Instagram Support
If you are still running into this error, it is usually a good idea to contact Instagram Support. They will be able to answer any questions you might have and help you get your account backup and running.
Also Read: 16 Proven Ways to Grow your Instagram Followers
So, there you have it. A few simple steps you can take if you are experiencing the dreaded feedback required error. It may seem daunting at first, but it doesn’t have to be. Just follow the above easy steps and you will be up and running in no time.