We cannot imagine our modern life without smartphones, right? For every small work and also for entertainment we use smartphones constantly.
But whenever we face any errors or problems regarding smartphones we get annoyed and our tasks may stop due to this.
Message phone number formatted is one of the problems that is very annoying still you will not find a solution to it. What happens is when you try to text message someone it gives the error ‘Message not sent. The phone number is formatted incorrectly.
This issue is very common in Oneplus, Samsung, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and iPhone i.e in almost every smartphone.
So in this, we have discussed the simple solutions to this error.
- What’s Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly:
- Causes of Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error:
- The Solutions to Messages not sent. Phone number formatted incorrectly:
- Here are the videos that I found useful
- Final Words
What’s Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly:
This error has been very common in the current time and it is happening in every brand of phone like Xiaomi, Realme, Nexus, Lenovo, Pixel, Nokia, OnePlus, Moto G5, and Asus Phones.
This error doesn’t affect any other services like Calling, Volte, internet speed, and other network-related services but you will not be able to send messages to a specific person or all persons.
Also read: How To Bypass Tinder Photo Verification
Most people relate this problem to the network provider they are using like Airtel, VI, Jio, or any other service provider. However, this error is not due to any network services providers mostly it is due to internal errors in the smartphone.
Just because of some misconfiguration or minor bug, you will face this error this can be due to many causes.
Don’t worry I am here! I will share various solutions according to different scenarios to Fix the Message Not Sent to Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android Phones.
Causes of Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error:
The cause of this error is multiple. I have tried to cover some of the causes which may indirectly create this issue on your smartphone.
- This error can be due to an error in cashing the default messaging app.
- If you are out of balance or the SMS pack is not your pack then also you may have this error.
- An invalid number can also create this problem.
- Misconfiguration in the SMS Message Center number (SMSC) can arise from this error.
- If you haven’t set up any primary Gmail then also you may face this error.
- An issue in the Network can arise from this error.
The Solutions to Messages not sent. Phone number formatted incorrectly:
1. Top-up Recharge:
Sometimes It doesn’t matter what is the sim active plan you can face this problem and to solve it try to recharge with at least 10 Rs. talk time.
After recharging check again if the messages are sending or not, if not then try the next solution.
2. Change Sim preference:
If you have two sim cards then check if you have set the right sim card for messaging or not.
To check messaging preference go to Settings > Sim cards & Mobile Networks > SMS Messages > Choose the right sim card which can send messages.
In some smartphones, you may not see this option, in this situation open Messaging app and set the sim card from there as shown in the screenshot below.
After setting up your sim preference for messaging check messages are sending or not if not then try the next solution.
3. Clear Cache:
Many times due to an error in the app this problem may occur, you can easily solve this error by clearing the cache of your default message app.
To clear cache go to Settings > Apps > Messages and clear cache of the app and the issue may resolve.
4. Force Stop Messaging app
Similar to the Clearing Cache Force stop option will not delete any important file or will not interrupt in any regular processes.
To Force Stop the Messaging app follow the steps given below:
- Open ‘Settings App‘ and go to the ‘Apps‘ section.
- Now find Messaging app and open the App info of it.
- Now Tap on Force stop.
- One popup will come for confirmation then confirm it.
and then again try to open the app and try to send the message to check if is sending or not. If the problem still exists then follow the next solution.
5. Restart the Smartphone
Sometimes clearing cache and force stop may not work if your phone has internal misconfiguration thus to solve this error just simply restart your smartphone.
6. Delete contact:
It is not proven yet that this tick work but still you can try this trick.
Just try to Delete the contact and again add the contact to your list. Some users have mentioned this solution worked for them!
7. Change SMS Center Number in Android & iOS
An SMSC number is responsible for handling the SMS operations of a wireless network. When an SMS message is sent from a mobile phone, it will reach an SMS center first. The SMS center then forwards the SMS message to the destination.
Thus if you have set the wrong SMSC number then you will get of SMS not sent. thus to solve this error you should Update your SMSC number.
There are a different procedures for Android and iOS so follow them according to your device system.
- Dial – *#*#4636#*#* on Keypad.
- It will automatically open the ‘Testing’ settings. Now if you have two sims in your android phone then choose accordingly. In my case, I opened ‘Phone information1’.
- Now scroll down and try to find the ‘SMSC’ option, then try tapping refresh it may work for you.
- If it doesn’t work type your network operator’s SMSC number of your area and tap Update. I am from Maharashtra that’s why I typed Maharashtra’s SMSC number.
- Dial *5005*7672*SMSCNUMBER# on your iPhone’s dialer & tap call.
- Replace SMSCNUMBER with your network operator’s SMSC number of your area.
- After that The message “Setting interrogation succeeded, Service Center Address” will appear on the screen.
- After changing the SMSC number check whether your problem is solved or not.
8. Call Customer Care
If you have followed all the above methods and all of them failed then try calling the customer care number of your network provider.
After calling them, explain your fair situation to them, and they will definitely help you out with this situation.
Here are the videos that I found useful
What does Message not sent phone number formatted incorrectly mean?
It means that the phone number entered does not match the expected format for phone numbers in that country or region. It may happen due to using too many or too few digits or using the wrong country code. It can also mean that the phone number is not in the correct format like the missing area code or incorrect punctuation.
What is the formatted phone number?
A formatted phone number is a set of numbers that represents a phone number in a specific, standardized format. The format typically includes the country code, area code, and local phone number, separated by specific symbols such as parentheses, spaces, or dashes. For example, in the US, a formatted phone number might appear as (123) 456-7890, while in the UK it might appear as +44 20 1234 5678.
We have shared all possible solutions you need to know about the message not sending problems. If you still have any kind of issues or problems then feel free to comment below. We will help you as soon as possible.
2 thoughts on “[Fixed] Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly”
How to get SMSC number of my area was not stated in the explanation
I still cannot send messages
Please ensure you try to refresh your SMSC it will automatically find the best SMSC for you.
If you still not able to solve issue please try to conatct your network provide customer support they will help you out.