One of my friends asked:
Why I am not able to send text messages from my Vi Sim? Whenever I send text messages and close the app. After sometime it say “Message sending failed” so when I checked, message wasn’t sent and it was having a red refresh button before it and when I tap it, it does not work? Currently it is happening with me persistantly! What’s the solution for this?
Text messages are one of the oldest forms of communication. But still, text messaging is a secure and reliable method for verification and communication.
Even though the messaging features can work very well even without the network connection, but sometimes the messaging feature doesn’t work properly.
Although text messaging is very good for communication, sometimes it may give you errors related to sending text messages. So, to fix the issue that the text message failed to send from VI (Vodafone, Idea) sim you can try the tips listed below in the article.
Solutions to VI SMS not sending problem:
1. Top-up Recharge:
So to solve this problem permanently I called Vi Customer care service and they said to recharge a minimum of 79 Rs. which will activate the SMS service of your sim. So I recharged with that and my SMS sending issue was solved.
So try recharging your sim card After recharging check again if the messages are sending or not, if not then try the next solution.
2. Change Sim preference:
If you have two sim cards then check if you have set the right sim card for messaging or not.
To check messaging preference go to Settings > Sim cards & Mobile Networks > SMS Messages > Choose the right sim card which can send messages.
In some smartphones, you may not see this option, in this situation open Messaging app and set the sim card from there as shown in the screenshot below.
After setting up your sim preference for messaging check message is sending or not if not then try the next solution.
3. Clear Cache Of Messaging app
The cache is the files that are used to make future processes faster, which can be deleted and deleting them will not create any major problem.
To clear the cache of Messaging app follow the steps given below:
- Open ‘Settings App‘ and go to the ‘Apps‘ section.
- Now find Messaging app and open App info of it.
- Now Tap on Clear Data.
- Find Clear Cache and tap on it.
Then again try to open the app and try to send the message to check if is sending or not. If the problem still exists then follow the next solution.
4. Force Stop Messaging app
Similar to Clearing Cache Force stop option will not delete any important file or will not interrupt in any regular processes.
To Force Stop the Messaging app follow the steps given below:
- Open ‘Settings App‘ and go to the ‘Apps‘ section.
- Now find Messaging app and open the App info of it.
- Now Tap on Force stop.
- One popup will come for confirmation then confirm it.
and then again try to open the app and try to send the message to check if is sending or not. If the problem still exists then follow the next solution.
5. Restart the Smartphone
Sometimes clearing cache and force stop may not work if your phone has internal misconfiguration thus to solve this error just simply restart your smartphone.
6. Change Vi SMS Center Number on Android & iOS
An SMSC number is responsible for handling the SMS operations of a wireless network. When an SMS message is sent from a mobile phone, it will reach an SMS centre first. The SMS centre then forwards the SMS message toward the destination.
Thus if you have set the wrong SMSC number then you will get of SMS not sent. thus to solve this error you should Update your SMSC number.
There is a different procedure for Android and iOS so follow them according to your device system.
- Dial – *#*#4636#*#* on Keypad.
- It will automatically open the ‘Testing’ settings. Now if you have two sims in your android phone then choose accordingly. In my case, I opened ‘Phone information1’.
- Now scroll down and try to find the ‘SMSC’ option and type your network operator’s SMSC number of your area and tap Update. I am from Maharashtra that’s why I typed Maharashtra’s SMSC number.
- Dial *5005*7672*SMSCNUMBER# on your iPhone’s dialer & tap call.
- Replace SMSCNUMBER with your network operator’s SMSC number in your area.
- After that The message “Setting interrogation succeeded, Service Center Address” will appear on the screen.
- After changing the SMSC number check whether your problem is solved or not.
7. Call Customer Care
If you have followed all the above methods and all of them failed then try calling customer care of VI.
In India, VI have 199 number for customer care service.
After calling them, explain then what is the problem from your side, and they will definitely help you out with some solution.
In conclusion, I can give you an additional solution if it’s urgent. You can insert your Vi sim card into the feature phone and you can use that to send SMS easily. Surprisingly it works for many peoples.
We have shared all possible solutions you need to know about the Vi message not sending problems. If you still have any kind of issues or problems then feel free to comment below. We will help you as soon as possible.